|Rider's Edge Course Begins
Welcome to Rider's Edge®, the Harley-Davidson Academy of Motorcycling. Whether you're a two-wheeled novice or a seasoned road veteran, we can help you take the ride of your life.
Combining the time-tested curriculum of the Motorcycle Safety Foundation with the passion of Harley-Davidson, the Rider's Edge New Rider Course offers hands-on instruction and real-world experience that can teach you the skills you need to get the most out of riding.
A proven blend of classroom instruction and range riding, the Rider's Edge New Rider Course delivers the basics of motorcycle operation Harley-Davidson style. You'll learn from devoted instructors certified by both the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) and Harley-Davidson to create a relaxed, supportive environment that fosters camaraderie and confidence. After passing a written and riding skills evaluation, you'll receive an MSF Rider Course Completion Card that exempts you from having to take the state test, as well as possibly qualify you for discounts on insurance. But more than that, you'll begin a journey that lasts a lifetime.
New Riders Course
The New Rider Course cost $325.00 per person. This includes the use of the Buell Blast motorcycle, class room supplies and of course lunch on us. While on the range we'll have snacks, water and Gatorade as well as a tent for shade and chairs and access to the air conditioned lavatories within the Barn.
New Rider Course provides you with 25 hours of expert guidance from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Instructors.
- In the classroom, you'll get to know the motorcycle you'll be riding and learn the basics of rider safety skills.
- On the practice range, you'll learn braking and turning, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
To take the Harley-Davidson Rider's Edge® New Rider Course, you will need the following items:
- To know how to ride a bicycle
- A valid automobile driver's license or learner's permit
- Sturdy, over-the-ankle boots or shoes
- Full-fingered motorcycle gloves
- A heavy, long-sleeved shirt or jacket
- Protective eyewear
- A helmet that meets DOT specifications
Please sign up for one of our 2012 courses by clicking on the link below
Standard Weekend Schedule
- Thursday 5:30 PM -9 PM
- Friday 5:30 PM -9 PM
- Saturday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
* Classes may end sooner or later depending on class progress through the exercises for that day. In most cases, classes will adhere to published hours. Please keep this in mind when scheduling child care and/or other personal plans to allow plus or minus a half hour.
SIGN UP NOW »